2.15.2011

fighting off the flu

Sadly, I did not get to have my highly anticipated lesson on Sunday -- I didn't plan my transportation well and couldn't make it out there...sigh. Sunday evening I began feeling a little under the weather, and my Monday morning I was in full blown col/flu mode. Achy, fever, stuffy, and one hell of a mucus filled cough. I called out of work and slept, and slept, and slept. I moved to the couch and tried to eat. I watched a marathon of Pitbulls and Parolees. I ordered some Chinese food (including a large container of hot and sour soup -- I swear by it for healing). I knew that taking Tuesday off would be good for me even if I was feeling MUCH better, so here I am on the couch, again. I think my fever broke during the night and I am not even a little bit achy. I took a nice, long hot shower and I feel human again. I slept for 12 hours and I feel considerably better. The cough is still there, and it's pretty brutal, but overall I think I am headed to recovery!

Most importantly, the girl with the Kiki mare lookalike got back to me and I am going to see her this evening. I know that trying to ride with the remnants of a flu is probably not the best idea, but physically I feel much better and she and I have been trying to make this happen for weeks. So...I will head over there around 6 tonight and see what this little chestnut mare is all about. Let's see if I can remember how to ride. I am really looking forward to getting out of pjs and into breeches!

There's a 5lb bag of carrots sitting on my counter to bribe the little mare. Hehehe.

2 comments: