With less detail than previous years (Since today is the jog up and it would be unfair of me to guess after Dressage starts)... here are my hopefuls for top 5!
James Alliston - Parker: a bit of a long shot, but I think James is an incredible rider with a terrific track record. I'd love to see him in the top 5 with either horse.
Boyd Martin - Otis Barbotiere: This horse has such a cool personality. I've followed along since Boyd picked up the ride and they've only gotten better. Boyd has nothing to lose with him at Rolex and they could easily snag a top placing.
Oliver Townend - Pepper Anne: Ollie is personally one of my favorite riders going, and I think this mare is just gorgeous. Her record seems pretty good so far, and if anyone can give her a great round at Rolex, it's him. Go mares!
Andrew Nicholson - Qwanza: I admire Andrew's riding style, and took one look at this mare a few days ago thought she had that extra something special. It wouldn't be surprising to see them at the top this weekend.
Beck Holder - Can't Fire Me!: You have to love the thoroughbreds at Rolex this year. Courageous Comet has been making a big comeback this year (and an easy favorite), but I'd love to see Can't Fire Me outshine the competition!
It seems obvious that I'm overlooking Olympic qualifications, etc and that I am choosing some underdogs here, but it's more fun cheering along that way!
At the end of the day, realistically, I think it's going to be down to William Fox-Pitt and Phillip Dutton, battling it out at the top, with a wild card thrown in.
No comments:
Post a Comment