I mean is life playing a cruel joke on me? My horse is sounder than ever and then THIS happens? It's unfair.
But pity party aside, we went to the barn to see what else was missing and what we need to replace.
I've been lucky enough to have at least one of you guys offer me bridles and breastplates. We lost and still need:
*
*Dr. Bristol snaffle (full cheek)
*
*Lunging surcingle
*
*thinline pads (I'm so mad mine is gone!!!!!)
*and oh yea, if anyone has a medium/wide or wide 17.5" jump saddle they're not using that would be great too (ha, wishful thinking)
There's more stuff obviously that we lost but these are a few of the major ones. If any of you have anything you're not using and could send our way it would be greatly appreciated. I hate even asking but times are really tight right now especially with just moving into the new barn and even though my stuff was covered by my homeowner's insurance, I can't swing the $1000 deductible right now. Maybe I should just have a fundraiser!
I gave Riley a million hugs and thought about how lucky I am to have the sweetest horse in the world.
![]() | |
| Funny how they know when we are sad. |
![]() |
| I took this just as we were leaving and the sun was starting to set. It's so beautiful there. I can't wait to hack these paths with Riley. |


I might have a bridle, send me your address; jealoushe@gmail.com.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a fleece girth but I have plenty of girth covers.
ReplyDeleteFundraiser is a great idea! Did you lose a lot more than $1,000 stuff? Might be worth it to try and swing the deductible someway shape or how. Sending good vibes your way... don't have anything on your list :(
ReplyDeleteWe've just had a lot of expenses lately with moving and all and don't have that kind of cash lying around. All told, my stuff was probably about $1500.
DeleteI also wanted to add...did you call your broker?? There is normally no deductible for theft, so definitely worth the call.
ReplyDeleteWe did, they said they still have to charge us the deductible, booo
DeleteUgh that stinks so bad :( I wish I had stuff that I could send but I literally have no English stuff that would work for you. On the brightside, the thieves didn't touch the ponies!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry! Good thing the horses are safe and sound.
ReplyDeleteI have an Ovation synthetic fuzzy (not fleece, but still fuzzy!) girth with elastic on one side - used only a handful of times. 50". I also have nylon/elastic side reins (horse size). If interested/these items fit what you need, email me - infraredhawk(at)hotmail(dot)com.
ReplyDeleteThat is the worst :( Sorry to hear that. Most of my stuff is pony sized and not English, so it probably won't fit your horse. Wish I could help.
ReplyDeleteI have side reins you can have. My email is heidi(dot)lilienthal(at)gmail(dot)com
ReplyDeleteOh man, I am so, so sorry that this happened to you! I don't have anything specific you need, but you're welcome to look through my for sale page. I'd be happy to send you anything on there for free!
ReplyDeleteAlso, in the realm of jump saddles, I have a 17.5" Albion Kontrol in wide/xwide... not sure if it would work but feel free to email me! buckeyequine(at)gmail(dot)com
Hey, I sent you an email, but I wasn't sure if you've been getting mine? Let me know!
ReplyDeleteI just saw this post from another blog... I cleaned out my tack room today and have a bunch of stuff for sale, but if you let me know what on there you want/need and I will just send it to you. I'm so, so sorry this happened to you. That really sucks. I hope Karma catches up with whoever did this, and SOON. There are no words for someone who can do this kind of thing and live with themselves. :(
ReplyDelete