8.05.2015

New kicks, new barn... take a deep breath -- here we go!

This post is brought to you by the letter "H".

As in, my horse is a hunk:

June 2015. Three months out of work.
With the head shaking taking a back seat (I don't want to jinx it), Riley gets shoes on today for the first time in months. Which means, we're back in business for riding. He's been worked lightly in the equiciser for the last few weeks to keep his brain intact and he's been workmanlike about it, but I think I'm going to have a lot of horse on my hands once he's under tack! He's lacking serious muscle in the photo above, but his topline still looks decent and he gets fit, REALLY quickly. I am beyond excited to start riding again!

Which leads me to our move. Moving again you say? Yes. This time to a farm a full 20 minutes closer, smaller barn with more turn out (and hilly fields) and a beautiful GRASS RING. The fact that the farm will be closer is huge. My current commute without any major traffic is at least an hour. On weekend mornings, I would guess I could make it to the new barn in 35 minutes!!! That means a lot more riding for me, and with a smaller barn to care for I won't be so tired after chores that I won't want to ride!

The next couple of weeks are going to be plenty hectic around these parts, organizing current barn, moving everything to the new barn and trying to leg up Riley again! Once we get settled in, if everything is going smoothly, we can set our sights on some events this fall (that is, if I ever dig myself out of the financial hole I'm in).

Stay tuned!

10 comments:

  1. How exciting! Proximity is key as we've recently rediscovered as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Financial holes are no fun. Closer barns are lots of fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeee! So exciting! And damn. That horse is so sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a smooth move! That definitely sounds like a worthy move for that much less of a commute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool news! is your trainer moving the whole program?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,s he got her sales horses split between two facilities. One is great for showing horses and the other is perfect for let down etc.

      Delete
  6. Exiting!! So glad things are getting back in motion!

    ReplyDelete