6.13.2011

of google calendars and taking care of business...

So, as stated in previous posts, I've had quite a bit of Real. Life. Responsibility to take care of. I'm getting it done. I have a new roommate nearly secured, though I will miss my current one desperately -- he's leaving big shoes to fill (quite literally). I've been meeting new and exciting people, gardening, and enjoying the beautiful weather. Everything seems to be a little easier even after just a few weeks of FOCUS. I had yet another root canal last week *shakes fist at dentist stealing my horse funds*...but I can see a light at the end of that tunnel there and that feels rewarding. I spent a large portion of the last week working out my finances so I can switch everything over to a credit union instead of a major bank. The long term goal here is to get a car in the next year, and after that...a horse. Having my money in a credit union will make all of that much easier to attain even if switching my bank account over is a HUGE pain in the butt right now.

My google calendar is filling up again...appointments, dates, and events...just the next few weeks are going to be so busy (but FUN) -- and only ONE of those plans is horse related!. Next week the movie "BUCK" comes to Landmark theaters in Philadelphia and I CANNOT wait to see it. For those of you unfamiliar, Buck Brannaman was the inspiration for the film, "The Horse Whisperer". Here's a quote from the movie that hits close to home for me these days...followed by the trailer.

Your horse is a mirror to your soul, and sometimes you may not like what you see. Sometimes, you will.


 **If you live near Philly, let's go see this together!
***He's coming to this area in the fall and I really want to audit a course!
****Also, I am going to sob like a child watching this film...you've been forewarned.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're getting things in order in your life... very positive post :)

    I'm dying to see "Buck"... I saw the trailer just after Sundance when the film got it's award - it totally choked me up. On the road to becoming a better horseman, you invariably become a better human.

    You have to choose your companions carefully for this one - I agree! ;)

    ReplyDelete