I've been working hard on getting the annoying things (responsibilities) under control in my life. Much progress is being made on that front, and I have to say the momentary reprieve from riding has been welcomed and appreciated. I've been utilizing my time effectively and followed through on some small promises made to myself over the last few weeks.
I miss riding, it's true...all the horse blog reading and Youtube video watching won't change that. So in an effort to keep that flame alive, I reached out to a friend (the girl responsible for introducing me to my instructor) to see if I could catch a ride out to the farm to see B and the ponies. We're figuring out a good day to arrange it and I am super excited to see all the familiar faces again. Then, last night I got an email from Emily (the advanced event rider I mentioned in a previous blog post). She asked if I wanted to go riding on Saturday! She's excited for me to meet Charlie, the horse she's co-owns and who's leaving for sale soon and her horse Jack. I met Jack when he first came off the track as he was let down and rehabbed at my instructors farm. At that point he was throwing himself on the ground when he'd get turned out and freaking out everywhere else being completely nuts. He recently just finished his very first pre-baby-novice HT!!!!
So on to tomorrow, riding with a an advanced rider and her two lovely prospects and hopefully learning a thing or two:)
Yay!
Hope you have a great ride!
ReplyDelete