I scheduled a lesson with a new instructor tomorrow. She teaches at the farm that my friend Emity boards her horse at and she's an ex-advanced level eventer and she's shown in upper levels for Dressage and jumpers. She is also a yoga instructor and apparently uses it in her approach with teaching. I met her briefly when I was out riding Emily's horse Charlie and she seems super nice.
I am really excited* to ride again, though I am a bit worried I've forgotten how to tack up a horse, much less how to get around on one!
I figure if I am going to buy a horse down the road, finding a good instructor that teaches the discipline I want to ride (and compete in) is crucial -- and so I don't over face myself with a horse I can't handle when it comes time to buy one!
Wish me luck!
*I feel like I am going to throw up a little thinking about it.
Yoga + riding = good combo! Can't wait to hear all about it :)
ReplyDelete