I was fortunate enough to gain the attention of Miss Katherine Erickson over at
Grey Brook Eventing via Facebook about my paper cuts. She asked if I would kindly make one of her lovely mare Kiki, and her Mother's dog as surprise Christmas presents!
I was eager to make one of Kiki (for one thing, the name!) and for another, I've been following along with her blog for quite some time now, and I feel as though I know her mare a little bit.
Without further ado, here they are!
 |
| One of the two fantastic photos provided. I got to choose...this one is so charming! |
 |
| Finished. I tried including some of the background info in this one, so I included the grass (I loved that she had a big mouthful in the photo) and I mounted it onto two layers of handmade paper that reminded me of hay/straw. |
|
|
 |
| Bat! What a cute little pup! *I used the photo with permission to make a paper cut |
 |
| Finished. He was extremely difficult. The other photo I had to use showed more of his coat color which was inspiration for the colors I chose. As usual, I didn't use literal colors, but rather tones that depict the animal in a way that helps define character. |
|
|
The one of Kiki, is without a doubt, my favorite so far! What do you guys think?
ps. Her Mother LOVED them!
Fantastic! Love the horse n grass combo. The dog looks like it was VERY hard!!
ReplyDeleteI think I should totally have ones commissioned of my Metro and Quincy, to hang on the wall next to Gogo's. These are SO awesome.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, I'd be happy to make one of Metro and Quincy!
ReplyDeleteBah! Each time I see these I get obsessed with getting one and then fail to find a good pic with enough contrast... BUT I'll start hunting again. P's face must be interpreted in Paper :)
ReplyDeleteGingham! Let's make it happen! Don't think too much about it and send me your top 3 photos. I can choose the best one to paper cut so it will be a surprise! Don't worry about the contrast, that's my job. Plus Pia has such a great face!
ReplyDeleteThese are so nice! I'm interested in possibly getting one of these as a gift for my mom... Is your email the one listed on your profile?
ReplyDeleteYes! I've made three so far for mothers! I think it's a lovely gift idea.
Delete