1.06.2014

Riley turns 5, we get lots and lots of snow and my pony is the best ever (A picture heavy post)

Breakfast time is VERY exciting! I had to park so far away and trudge through crazy snow drifts to bring him his mash!
Being total lunatics when I showed up with the feed buckets. Riley gives Henry a run for his money.
My horse who has barely been ridden in three months, save for one other ponying adventure, was caught and tacked up in a foot of snow out in his field and ponied his bff 1.2 miles back to the barn like a champ. Love him.
With frigid temps (yes, worse than this) on the way, we decided to move the boys back to the barn. Party time is over. Riley will be back in work in a few weeks hopefully!

Emily opted for the giant snow drift covered banks rather than the slippery roads. The boys were so good! I chaperoned by car.
While the boys in the other gelding field weren't particularly helpful, it's these guys we were most worried about. See that pinto donkey? VERY SCARY INDEED.

The view when I left the barn yesterday. Everything was a sheet of ice when I arrived, but the horses got out for a few hours to play in the snow and we got lots of rain today that hopefully melted most of the mess.

We're going to have to separate these two soon. Lots of screaming for one another as I turned them out one at a time. Usually I'd take them both out together but I was stumbling around in a foot of snow!
That's all for now. The temperature today is 50, dropping to 17 over night. The high tomorrow is 10 with a low of 5 and a real feel of -15. Yikes.

10 comments:

  1. Glad you're surviving winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. To be sure, his real birthday is March 17th (being that I'm Irish) we'll be sharing some beer that day!

      Delete
  3. Brr, I'm getting cold just looking at those pics. Happy bday Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first pic is all dashing through the snow! - so cute. Happy birthday Riley!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! Yay for a solid pony! And yay for back to work!!

    ps STAY WARM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. January has to end eventually, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally all caughg up again, hope snow & cold leaves soon and that ye can get 2014 underway. :-D

    ReplyDelete