8.12.2010

ask and you will receive

So...in my last post I wrote that I was wishing for someone else to ride Ms. Kiki. Well, today my instructor sent me a text asking if she could use Kiki tonight and that if I wanted to take the night off I could. So I curiously wrote back asking if she was planning on using Kiki for a lesson. She replied saying that Grace (who is leasing B's other 6 year old green bean) needed someone to ride tonight since Charlie needs a few more days off. I couldn't have been more excited. I responded saying that I would be happy to hack a school horse around (for some fun riding -- imagine that) and I would LOVE to watch Grace ride her. For one thing, Grace is a terrific rider, extremely capable and unflappable in most scenarios. She's seen me ride Kiki and she gets what her antics are. Of all the riders taking lessons, Grace is certainly my first pick for a new rider! I told B that I couldn't wait to come watch her ride (even if that means I don't get to ride at all!)

So...stay tuned. I will try to at least take some video of someone else riding the mare!

Hooray!

*I am a little nervous that Grace will ride her better than me, but that's a risk I am willing to take. Oh, to be 15 and fearless again!

No comments:

Post a Comment