I am sure I've mentioned before that I work as a photographer for a rare book company...the largest in North America to be exact...my work week varies day to day, I have an assistant and I more or less arrange my workload (unless we have a big catalog coming out -- fall is our busiest time of year). One of the best things about my jobs (and why it suits me as a self-proclaimed nerd) is that I am surrounded by rare and valuable things all day lone. Even better than that, I get to handle each and every one as they come through the studio. Things that most people will either never see, or may stumble across in a museum or famous library. The owners just returned from a huge book fair in NYC and acquired some really beautiful and expensive new things for our inventory. In the last two days I have handled over a million dollars worth of books split between 8-9 different titles. Crazy.
Today, while photographing Shakespeare's Fourth Folio (ahem, $250,000) I highlighted a few passages for use in the upcoming catalog. I thought I would include one here...work life + horse life meld in the blogosphere!
 |
| fondling rare books -- it's how I pay the bills |
No comments:
Post a Comment