4.29.2011

Rolex Update

Here's how I am fairing so far after dressage:

Tiana Coudray -- Ringwood Magister [1st place]
Oliver Townend -- ODT Sonas Rovatio [26th place]
Boyd Martin -- Remington XXV [9th place]
Kristi Nunnink -- R-Star [13th place]
Mary King -- Fernhill Urco [2nd]

Out of a field of 54, I'd say my guesses are pretty good!

I got to see everyone but Mary King's test. Of course I knew she would only improve on her first ride (and boy did she). Watching Tiana ride such an accurate and expressive test was inspiring. I definitely felt myself tearing up when she finished her final halt, saluting with a huge smile on her face. She rode the test of a lifetime. There was some commentary that it was a safe test, but that aside, she rode Finian to the best of his mental ability in the grandstands and atmosphere without allowing his energy to boil over (where many people pushed and lost their horses here and there). I hope the rest of her weekend goes as well as today. Oliver rode his relatively green mount accurately (and certainly on the safe side)...while the horse isn't a flashy mover or particularly expressive, he rode each movement precisely and seemed quite happy with his test. I felt like Remington missed out on a few points and he's just a gorgeous horse in the dressage arena. I am excited to see them go tomorrow! Kristi's test on Rosie was just gorgeous. The horse exudes personality and class and Kristi rode each movement squeaking out as many points as she could. They both really seemed to be having a fantastic time and I think it showed in their expressive test.

Fingers crossed for more good luck tomorrow and safe rides for everyone in Kentucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment