4.28.2011

USEF Rolex Coverage

Just loving it right now (ahem, at work)...

I'm going to make predictions (or my wish list for winners):

Obviously Mark Todd is favorite to win for everyone, so I'll leave him off my list...I cannot wait to see him ride this weekend!

Tiana Coudray and Ringwood Magister:
Young, talented, and what an extraordinary horse! 
Young and hungry, I watched these two climb the ranks over the last few years kicking ass and taking names along the way. I think they are well prepared and I would love to see them have a great weekend!

Oliver Townend and ODT Sonas Rovatio:
Such a scrappy, smart rider!
I have a soft spot in my heart for Ollie. I grew up in the same area as he did in England and something about his mentality with horses hits close to home. I feel like he could ride a giraffe around Rolex if he had to. He's had some tough falls in the last few big events and he deserves a top finish.

Boyd Martin and Remington XXV:
What a handsome pair! 
Boyd is such a stand up horseman all round...This horse has so much potential and it doesn't hurt that he's stunning. I think they have a chance of a top placing if they have a good dressage day.

Kristi Nunnink and R-Star:
Gorgeous little mare!
The back story of Kristi and her mare Rosie are what makes me enjoy watching them go. They've worked incredibly hard to get to this level and it shows in their beautiful partnership. An unfortunate fall last year kept them out of the competition, but I think they'll have a good weekend.

Mary King and Fernhill Urco:
I'm seeing a trend in my favorites

Mary King is simply a legend. She's got two gorgeous horses going around the Kentucky Horse Park this weekend and I think her experience will help her get to a top 5 spot. Both horses exude talent and she seems unflappable. It will be a good weekend for the Brits (again!). I chose Urco over temptress because I'd love to see one of the Fernhill horses win big!

**Disclaimer: These are my sophomoric guesses and predictions -- there's no serious eventing education to back up my thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Love your post and pictures. I have a soft spot for the beautiful greys :)

    ReplyDelete